1. What is the definition of a Café in this promotion?
Countrywide defines a Café as an establishment that serves coffee (both take away and eat-in) and other hot and cold beverages along with breakfast, lunch and other snack food items. A Café must be open for a minimum of breakfast and lunch but may also be open for dinner as well. Cafés that have over 50 outlets as part of a chain or franchise group are excluded. Pubs, Clubs, RSLs, Service Stations, Takeaways and Sporting Clubs are also excluded from this promotion.
2. Who can register?
Café owners or an authorised representative of the Café can register. Cafés can only register once.
3. What are the conditions of entry into the Countrywide Café of the Year promotion?
A Café must qualify based on the definition of a Café in this promotion. The Café must also have purchased a minimum of $150 of goods from a Countrywide Distributor between 1st February 2018 and 31st March 2018 to be eligible to register. A copy of the Countrywide Distributor invoice is required to be uploaded at registration.
4. Why can’t I submit my Café registration?
Please consider the following when you are experiencing difficulties in registering your Café:
- Please note, our website is not supported on Internet Explorer. Please try Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Please do not upload files greater than 3MB in file size
- Please do not include a dollar symbol in the ‘amount of invoice’ question, then numerical value is sufficient. For e.g. 150.45
- Try refreshing the page if you cannot see the registration form or if the form does not have an ‘I am not a robot’ spam filter
- You cannot use the same email address twice. If you own two or more eligible locations, please use different email addresses.
- Check that you have ticked the boxes near the end of the form, i.e. I agree to the terms and conditions AND declaring you are an authorised representative.
- Fill in all required fields.
5. When can I register?
Register between 12th February 2018 and 31st March 2018.
6. How do I register?
Register your Café online at www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au by completing the form and uploading your Countrywide Distributor invoice.
7. How does the competition work?
Please see here.
8. What are the key competition dates?
- Registration period starts 12th February 2018, 12:00AM.
- Registration period ends 31st March 2018, 11:59PM.
- Promo Kits will be sent to Cafés by 6th April 2018.
- ‘Café of the Week’, Weekly winners are announced every Wednesday, starting Wednesday 11th April 2018 at 10:00AM, for 8 weeks (with the exception of 25th April 2018, Anzac Day, which will then be announced on 26th April 2018). Dates are as below:
- Week 1: 3rd April to 9th April 2018; Winner announced 11th April 2018
- Week 2: 10th April to 16th April 2018; Winner announced 18th April 2018
- Week 3: 17th April to 23rd April 2018; Winner announced 26th April 2018
- Week 4: 24th April to 30th April 2018; Winner announced 2nd May 2018
- Week 5: 1st May to 7th May 2018; Winner announced 9th May 2018
- Week 6: 8th May to 14th May 2018; Winner announced 16th May 2018
- Week 7: 15th May to 21st May 2018; & Winner announced 23rd May 2018
- Week 8: 22nd May to 28th May 2018. Winner announced 30th May 2018
- Voting opens, 3rd April 2018, 12:00AM.
- Voting closes, 31st May 2018, 11:59PM.
- Winners are announced 6th June 2018, at 10:00AM.
9. What are the competition regions?
10. How do I win?
Your customers need to vote online at www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au during the voting period 3rd April 2018 to 31st May 2018. Encourage your customers to vote for you at every opportunity. Display your promotional material received in your Promo Kit so your customers are aware of the competition. Use your social media channels to encourage your customers to vote for you.
11. How do I find my local Countrywide Distributor?
Visit www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au to locate your local Countrywide Distributor.
12. What prizes can I win?
1) $25,000 will be awarded to the Café with the most number of votes from Café customers across the country. The overall winner is not eligible to also win a regional prize.
2) $5,000 will be awarded to the Café with the most number of votes from Café customers per region across the following 5 regions:
- In the region of the overall winner, the Café with the 2nd highest number of votes from Café customers will be awarded that regions prize.
3) $250 Countrywide Voucher will be awarded to the ‘Café of the Week’ which is the Café with the most number of votes from café customers across the country for that given week. A Café can only win this prize once during the promotional period, in which case the Café with the next highest number of Café customer votes would receive the ‘Café of the Week’ prize.
Weekly ‘Café of the Week’ Schedule as follows with winners announced the Wednesday following each period (with the exception of Wednesday 25th April 2018 where the winner will be announced on Thursday 26th April 2018 due to the Anzac Day Public Holiday):
Week 1: 3rd April 2018 – 9th April 2018
Week 2: 10th April 2018 – 16th April 2018
Week 3: 17th April 2018 – 23rd April 2018
Week 4: 24th April 2018 – 30th April 2018
Week 5: 1st May 2018 – 7th May 2018
Week 6: 8th May 2018 – 14th May 2018
Week 7: 15th May 2018 – 21st May 2018
Week 8: 22nd May 2018 – 28th May 2018
See T&C’s for further prize information.
13. How do my customers vote for my Café?
Voting opens 3rd April 2018. Customers must visit www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au and complete the online voting form when voting opens, to submit their vote for you.
14. What should I do if I run out of promo material?
Contact us and we’ll see if we have any further stock to send you.
15. I haven’t received my Promo Kit. What should I do?
Contact your local Countrywide Distributor or contact us.
16. When will I receive my Promo Kit?
You should receive your Promo Kit from your Countrywide Distributor by Friday 6th April 2018.
17. What promotional material will I receive in my Promo Kit?
- A3 Posters to display in prominent locations in your Café
- A5 Counter Cards to put near takeaway coffee pick up, near your register, on counter tops or tables.
- Promo cards (business card size) to hand out to customers as they receive their orders.
- Stickers to stick on takeaway coffee cups, plastic cups and takeaway items as a reminder to customers.
- Badges, for Café-customer facing staff to wear to serve as a non-verbal reminder and a prompt to start a conversation about the competition
1. I’m having trouble voting, what do I do?
Please try the following when experiencing trouble submitting your vote:
- Go to www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au/vote and refresh the page. Restart the process and it should work normally.
- Please do not use Internet Explorer as this is an outdated browser.
- Voting is restricted to 1 IP address per vote (unique number identifying your device/internet connection). This could mean that if you are using the same WI-FI connection as someone else who has already voted, the IP address will have already been used and will prevent you from submitting your vote. In this case, please use a different internet connection or mobile data connection from your mobile phone (i.e. 3G or 4G network).
- If you are still experiencing difficulty, please email email@example.com
2. Who can vote?
Voting is open to Australian residents over the age of 16 (must be able to provide proof of an Australian residential address if required) who have been a customer of the café they are voting for.
3. How do I vote?
Voting opens 3rd April 2018. Visit www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au and complete the online voting form that will become available when voting opens, to submit your vote for your café.
4. How does the competition work?
Please see here.
5. How many times can I vote?
Each person can vote once, as verified by your email address and device IP address.
6. What prizes can I win?
10 x ‘Free Coffee for a Year’ prizes are up for grabs. 2 voters will be randomly selected per region (as detailed below). Prize given in the form of a $1,300 VISA debit card to be used at the café you voted for. See T’s and C’s for more information.