Countrywide defines a Café as being an establishment that serves coffee (both takeaway and eat-in) and other hot and cold beverages along with breakfast, lunch and other snack food items (Entrants). A Café must be open for a minimum of breakfast and lunch but may also be open for dinner as well. Cafés that have over 50 outlets as part of a chain or franchise group are excluded. Pubs, Clubs, RSLs, Service Stations, Roadhouses, Takeaways and Sporting Clubs are also excluded from this promotion.
Café owners or an authorised representative of the Café can register. Cafés can only register once.
A Café must qualify based on the definition of a Café in this promotion. The Café must also have purchased a minimum of $150 of goods from a Countrywide Distributor between 1st February 2019 and 5th April 2019 to be eligible to register. A copy of the Countrywide Distributor invoice is required to be uploaded at registration.
Please consider the following when you are experiencing difficulties in registering your Café:
- Please note, our website is designed to support Internet Explorer 11 and the last two versions of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
- Please do not upload files greater than 3MB in file size
- You cannot use the same email address twice. If you own two or more eligible locations, please register them separately using different email addresses.
- Check that you have ticked the boxes near the end of the form, i.e. I agree to the terms and conditions AND declaring you are an authorised representative.
- Fill in all required fields.
Register between 11th February 2019 (from 9.00AM AEDST) and 5th April 2019 (ends 5.00PM AEDST).
Register your Café online at www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au by completing the form and uploading your Countrywide Distributor invoice.
- Registration period starts 11th February 2019, 9:00AM AEDST.
- Registration period ends 5th April 2019, 5:00PM AEDST.
- Promo Kits will be sent to Cafés by 5th April 2019.
- ‘Countrywide Café of the Week’, Round winners are announced on the following dates, starting Monday 15th April 2019 at 4:00PM AEST. Dates are as below:
- Round 1: 8th April to 14th April 2019; Winner announced Monday 15th April 2019 at 4:00PM AEST
- Round 2: 15th April to 21st April 2019; Winner announced Monday 22nd April 2019 at 4:00PM AEST
- Round 3: 22nd April to 28th April 2019; Winner announced Monday 29th April 2019 at 4:00PM AEST
- Round 4: 29th April to 8th May 2019; Winner announced Thursday 9th May 2019 at 4:00PM AEST
- Voting opens, 8th April 2019, 9:00AM AEST
- Voting closes, 8th May 2019, 5:00PM AEST
- Winners are announced 15th May 2019, at 10:00AM AEST
Your customers need to vote online at www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au during the voting period 8th April 2019 to 8th May 2019. Encourage your customers to vote for you at every opportunity. Display your promotional material received in your Promo Kit so your customers are aware of the competition. Use your social media channels to encourage your customers to vote for you.
Visit www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au/distributors to locate your local Countrywide Distributor.
1) $25,000 will be awarded to the Café with the most number of votes from Café customers across the country. The overall winner is not eligible to also win a regional prize.
2) $5,000 will be awarded to the Café with the most number of votes from Café customers per region across the following 5 regions:
In the region of the overall winner, the Café with the 2nd highest number of votes from Café customers will be awarded that regions prize.
3) $250 Countrywide Voucher will be awarded to the ‘Countrywide Café of the Week’ which is given to the café that is judged to have the most creative and innovating Facebook or Instagram post of that week. To do so, cafés must post from their business social media account and tag and hashtag @cwcafeoftheyear #cwcafeoftheyear
‘Countrywide Café of the Week’ Round schedule as follows with winners announced following each period:
- Round 1: 8th April 2019 – 14th April 2019 - Winner announced 15th April 2019
- Round 2: 15th April 2019 – 21st April 2019 - Winner announced 22nd April 2019
- Round 3: 22nd April 2019 – 28th April 2019 - Winner announced 29th April 2019
- Round 4: 29th April 2019 – 8th May 2019 - - Winner announced 9th May 2019
See T&C’s for further prize information.
Voting opens 8th April 2019 at 9.00AM AEST. Customers must visit www.cwcafeoftheyear.com.au and complete the online voting form when voting opens, to submit their vote for your café.
Contact us and we’ll see if we have any further stock to send you.
Contact your local Countrywide Distributor or contact us.
You should receive your Promo Kit from your Countrywide Distributor by Friday 5th April 2019.
- A3 Posters to display in prominent locations in your Café
- A5 Counter Cards to put near takeaway coffee pick up, near your register, on counter tops or tables.
- Promo cards (business card size) to hand out to customers as they receive their orders.
- Stickers to stick on takeaway coffee cups, plastic cups and takeaway items as a reminder to customers.
- Badges, for Café-customer facing staff to wear to serve as a non-verbal reminder and a prompt to start a conversation about the competition